Personal Injury Attorney Raymore

If you have been injured in an accident, whether a vehicle accident, slip and fall or other type of accident, contact The Joshua Wilson Law Firm for a free consultation. We will look over your case and come up with a plan of action to settle the matter or how to present it at trial in the event the person or company who caused the injury will not agree to a reasonable settlement.

Time Limits

The first thing you should do when you have been in an accident is to visit your doctor or the emergency room. If you are able to contact an attorney, contact us as soon as you are able. Because you may suffer serious injuries in an accident, let an emergency contact know who to call in the event that you can't make the call yourself. And, if you have a loved one that was seriously injured or even died as a result of an accident, contact us on your loved one's behalf.
Missouri law limits the time that you can file a lawsuit against someone. One that time – the statute of limitations – has passed, you can no longer sue the person or company that injured you. The statute of limitations could be as short as a year from the time you were injured or from the time you learned of the “injury,” if the injury involves malpractice. Some types of injuries have a longer statute of limitations, but it's always best to file your lawsuit as soon after the accident or wrongdoing as possible.

Injuries Personal Injury Attorney Raymore MO Can Help With

Whether your injuries are from a slip and fall, car accident, malpractice or other type of personal injury case, our team can help you recover money in a settlement or a judgment to help pay medical bills and other bills. While money does not replace the loss of use of a limb, loss of a loved one, or loss of enjoyment of life, under certain circumstances, you may be able to collect additional damages.
In cases where the person who caused the accident is found to be negligent, you may be entitled to punitive damages. For example, if you are in a car accident and neither party was negligent, you won't be able to collect punitive damages. However, if in that car accident, it is found that the other driver was driving under the influence or was otherwise negligent, you may be able to collect punitive damages, especially if you suffered loss of use of part of your body or the loss of the life of a loved one.

    Accidents may include:

  • Dog bites,
  • Motorcycle accidents,
  • Truck accidents,
  • Drunk driving accidents,
  • Distracted driving accidents,
  • Pedestrian accidents,
  • Slip and fall accidents,
  • Malpractice,
  • Wrongful death, and

Other accidents where you may have been injured at work, in a vehicle, at a business or even at your apartment if your landlord may have caused the accident.
If an accident is not listed here and you are not sure if we will represent you, give our office a call and we'll set you up for a consultation if we do represent the type of case you have. We'll make sure you understand your rights if we can take your accident case.

Contact The Joshua Wilson Law Firm

We offer free consultations for personal injury cases. In some cases, we may represent you without a large retainer if your case is the type that will allow us to collect when you receive a judgment or settlement.
Give our firm a call to set up a consultation to learn about your rights if you were in an accident. Remember, time is of the essence because of the statute of limitations and because it's best to recount the accident while it is still fresh in your mind.

Other Practice Areas

Image of Missouri Bar badge
Image of KCMBA badge
Image of Cass County badge
Image of Avvo Rating badge

Successful Cases

What Clients say

powered by BirdEye